Open Minds is the title of our core learning product at Global Diversity Practice. In this course we have taken the core key messages told in our face to face learning and blended them into a very interactive and personal learning environment for you.
In Open Minds you will explore some of the most critical topics that are being discussed in boardrooms and classrooms around the world today. You will be immersed into videos of personal stories and anecdotes, interactive & engaging activities, simple but effective tips and takeaways, easy access on any device and a certificate of completion.
This foundational course is perfect for those taking their initial steps in diversity, equity and inclusion. Understanding unconscious bias and how to demonstrate allyship.
By the end of the course, you will have gained an understanding of key inclusion concepts, and the vocabulary required to speak about these topics in the workplace, in a thoughtful and sensitive way.
- Understand what Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is
- Discover how unconscious bias can show up in the workplace
- Use our very simple methodology – head, heart and hands
- Explore personal stories and anecdotes from traveling and work experiences from around the world
- Master how to demonstrate allyship
- Gain knowledge in simple tips and takeaways
- Personal videos throughout the course
- Self reflection
- Iceberg activity
- Excluded and included activity
- How to promote equity
- Taking a look at our own bias
- Bias activity
- Different types of thinking styles
- Bias reduction tips
- Microinequity activity and scenarios
- Allyship model
- How to become consciously inclusive
- Practical tips and takeaways
- Inclusive action planning
Who is this course for?
- An individual contributor wanting to understand what you can do to demonstrate inclusion in your everyday practices
- A people manager looking to improve your approach to team inclusion
- A hiring manager wanting to reduce the impact of bias on your decision-making
- An advocate looking for guidance on how to be an ally
- A volunteer tasked with progressing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Anyone interested in learning more about diversity, equity and inclusion
Are there any requirements?
- An open mind to challenge your thinking with new concepts
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to improve your approach to inclusion
There are no reviews yet.