In this course you will cover gender identity, expression, and sexual orientation. You will understand more about the how to use pronouns and acronyms, why they’re important, and how to be a better ally for the LGBTQ+ community, both in and out of the workplace.
This short course will provide you with guidance on what you can do to demonstrate allyship to your LGBTQ+ colleagues inside and outside of the workplace.
Key topics include:
- Understand LGBTQ+ allyship and why it is important
- Myths and misconceptions
- Pronouns and acronyms
- Language and terminology
- Practical tips for allyship
- Understand what acronyms and pronouns to use and why they’re important
- Address myths and misconceptions about the LGBTQ+ community
- Explore microinequities and their human impact
- Master how to demonstrate allyship
- Gain knowledge through simple tips and takeaways
Who is this course for?
- Individuals interested to learn more about the LGBTQ+ community
- Anyone wanting to understand pronouns, acronyms, and inclusive language
- Aspiring allies to the LGBTQ+ community
Are there any requirements?
- An open mind to challenge your thinking with new concepts
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to improve your approach to inclusion
CPD Accredited Course
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.